Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Friday, September 19, 2008

I was almost there..

"Voh kise doshi thehraye, aur kisko dukh sunaye, jab ki mitti, saath mitti ke kare anyaye"....Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
I read these lines on Amitabh Bachchan's blog, and then so much of what he had written...echoing the pain and helplessness of millions of those Indians, worldwide, who saw Delhi being raped by hands of terrorists last Saturday.
I was there....in Karol Bagh, almost 3 hours prior to the blasts, checking out baby stuff, visiting my jeweller, and shopping for materinity wear. I reached Mom's house at around 4 PM, and at 6:30 heard about the blasts that shook and scared Delhi. 2 of them happened in GK1 market itself...I got calls/sms practically from everyone who knew that i stayed in GK. I was quite numb for many hours, not wanting to believe that i was close to the bomb site, not believing that life can be so precious, wiped out in seconds. Anger, despair, frustration and helplessness...why us, the common man...why dont they leave us alone...while i prepare to bring into this world, my next generation, there are many many of them whose generations, or hopes have been wiped out. How do these terroists answer their soul, what religion asks you to kill the unsuspecting innocent victims...why is it more depressing, that these wars are not being fought in battlefield, but in our every day homes, churning around intelligent terroists, who went to the same school, colleges, workplaces like you and me...why are we now looking at our neighbour with suspicion, why is one community made to suffer humiliation on account of acts of a few...so many whys and so few answers...Will Delhi rise above this? Will we go togther till the end of the tunnel, strongly, with more resilience, will we watch over our children so that they dont go astray...with prayers for peace, amity and unity, and in ode to those who lost their lives....

0 comments: