Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going back to the birth of my son


On 3rd Nov 2008, I reached Max hospital at around 8:30….no words can describe how I was feeling, happy, nervous, spaced out…I mean like how how how on earth do you prepare yourself to give birth to YOUR child, another life…and change your own life forever…
At Max they prepare me for the C-Sec. As I get on to the strethcher for going in to the operation theatre, I am hit by crazy emotions. I start to cry much to the amusement of everyone, my parents, Manish’s parents….no one understands…Rupali’s words ring in my ear..” Shipra, I hope not, but if you do have a C-sec and when they are taking you in the operation theatre, that will be one of the most lonely moments of your life…you will just wish if someone, especially Manish was able to go in with you…you will feel so lost, so alone…” and boy, those words came so true.

Manish and maa accompany me right till the door of the surgery room…and then I assume, they wait outside…
Veena Bhat comes checking on me…how you doin” ( god, she could do a better imitation of Joey in Friends) I say I am nervous…she says that thinking that she herself had twins should make me feel better ( what a consolation)

I am on the table, Dr PN Kakkar gives me spinal anesthesia, and I suddenly go dead waist down…the screens are up, lights are switched on..and here I go…

I cannot remember what I was thinking during those 25-30 minutes…or was I thinking at all…the only sounds I remember were that of some ugly looking digital machines going beep-beep, grr-grr---some junior doctors handing out equipments, Veena Bhat’s instructions….and then suddenly…Congrats Shipra, you have a baby boy !

Wooooooooops….my head goes thud on the table…in relief and joy….Manish would be ecstatic!!!! I hear his cry…the sweetest sound on earth….I am a mommy now…now and forever….
Kakkar asked me if I would like to break the news to Manish on my own……sure I said….i have thought about this scene in my head a hundred times ( very filmy)…but when I hear Manish’s voice on the other side of the phone, I just forget everything…

Shipra : Manish….
Manish….ya…
Shipra…its me….
Manish…hun hun….Shipra…kahan se bol rahi ho?

Oh hell…how stupid…..tumhare saamne Operation theatre mein katne patne gayi hoon…kahan se bol rahi hoongi….kya park mein sair karne jaaongi…. ( In my mind)
Shipra….he’s here ( choking)….i think he looks like you…
Manish…what what…he..he..its a boy…wow…thanks…CLICK ( this dude hung up on me saying thanks ***%%%%)

Manish captured this when my son came out to meet his father ( who had so completely lost it i tell you)


1 comments:

Twin Sense said...

love the make over of your blog page .....good going !!