Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A traveller's fuck up

You wouldn’t believe what happened to me yesterday?
I was due to travel to Bangalore for work with my boss. We were to take the 9:40 AM Indigo flight (www.indigo.in)
I reached the airport in time, and got my boarding pass.
Hung around to grab a cup of coffee and checked my watch. It said 9:15 AM
We started to move to the boarding gate slowly. You can only imagine that this is peak time at the airport with people jostling for space with all the carry-on luggage.
At 9:20 AM, I stood at the gate no 19, actually in a pool of people between Gate no 19 and 20.
We suddenly heard the announcement of a Vadodara flight boarding.
Wondering we overtook the cue and went towards the boarding desk.
Then came the shocker!. Sorry Ma’am you are 3-4 minutes late than the boarding time. Our strict policy is that we shut the boarding gates 20 minutes before take off.Therefore you can’t be allowed on the aircraft.
WTF WTF….we are being denied boarding, AFTER having a boarding card…no way.
No amount of arguments with the airlines staff yielded any result.
Clearly they bumped us off ! There was no last call announcement of either of our names…and in the end, after all the WTF arguments, we missed our flight and cancelled the trip.
This doesn’t happen to normal people. I have never been “stood up” to a flight!
I am a cautious traveller who comes in time, is careful with baggage and even keeps photocopies of the tickets in different bags.
How the fuck then, can someone deny me boarding AT the boarding gate when I HAVE the boarding pass….
So pissed and stunned since yesterday, but this was so blog material, so had to write….
FUCK you Indigo….FUCK the Costa Coffee….this is sure a traveller FUCK UP that I will remember forever…Grrrrrr..it clearly wasn’t my day....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha ....this one is too funny! I mean the coffee proved to be very expensive for your company ...spare them and don't expense the cofee atleast

pRasad said...

Thanks for sharing.. i will never travel with Indigo..
Usually all companies announce; I found Jet Airways is more concerned about travellers. On pune airport, someone from their special staff will come and ask to ppl waiting for boarding-"Is there anyone waiting for Jet?..plz move to get xxx"..
Neways.. following this blog.