Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Friday, March 5, 2010

In which i am stopped in my tracks

Me went along to pick up hubz shaver from Philips repair at the MGF Plaza Mall on MG Road.
Was also wondering as to why there was so much police on the road...when i was done with my job, and stepped out, i saw that the road had virtually stopped in its tracks. A passerby mentioned that President Pratibha Patil was passing by. Infact, she had just landed behind the mall, in an open ground in her helicopter ( Indian copter version of AirForce 1 I guess) and was making way to meet a minister. Time stood still, i could notice restless policemen ( traffic ones, khakhi ones, and some special ones) on the road everywhere, vehicles stopped, pedestrian cleared off the roads, snipers on all road facing building ( including the one where we were standing) and then, came the entourage of atleast 8 cars, a Max hospital ambulance, and a fire ambulance....and no where did it seem to me that i was witnessing history ( lol, to say the least)...captured the following images on my E 71...



And while twiddling my thumbs...i captured these also on the steps of MGF Plaza mall...
Pretty in pink.....

And hot in red ( the auto is the advert for Khaaja Chowk, the street food resturant at MGF Mall)

Read tagline " Maal mein dam, daam mein kam"... WTF

0 comments: