Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The 2nd, 3rd , 4th first

Okay so what I have been missing blogging action.
I think if I blog while I am in office, people peep from behind, and that annoying.
If I try to blog from home, I am so fucking tired that I go from like putting ranbeer to sleep to brushing my teeth-to brushing my hair-to opening my comforter-to not finishing my goodnight to manish in like 3 and half minutes flat!
The spirit doesn’t give up, mind and body does…
The 2nd first was the big leap for momma me.
I had to go to Mumbai, like for work, with my boss, for one whole day, and night …..leaving Ranbeer behind !Ouch…I was nervous. I knew I gotto do this. Its important for the career, and important for me, I needed to take this first step.
There would have always been a first step right, so better now than later ( maybe in an emergency)
So I went on 29th April morning, and returned on 30th April noon.
Mumbai, I city I like…the distinct smell, the traffic, the promise of bumping into a celebrity…all that charm.
The 3rd first, was the drive on the newly opended Worli Sea link…one word..spectacular piece of engineering !
After my work, I hopped around trying to find something to take back for Chota.
I was suggested to shop at the Pheonix Mills …and that was quite a treat.
Went to Hamleys (
http://www.hamleys.in/) and that was a toy-haven.
Picked up little cars and trucks for Ranbeer, some squirty toys for bath. And then some flash cards for the usual ABCD…. Went ahead to see Palladium ( Mumbai’s equivalent of the Select Mall with all the designer brands)

Bought a check shirt from Celio for Manish and two tops for me from Latin Quarters…
My 4th first was when I checked out Hard Rock CafĂ© ( India 1st, Mumbai’s only) in the evening with the boss.
They had a rock gig going on from a Bangalore based band called Lounge Piranha (www.loungepiranha.com)
Got a pulse on the Mumbai crowd and had a good one hour checking out the interiors of HRC and the Mumbai guys.
Got up the next morning ( as early as 6 AM) and went to the famous Siddhi Vinayak Temple ( all by myself)
I had visited Mumbai 3 years back, and at that time went to Siddhi Vinayak the very first time. Manish and I were planning a family then, and I had gone to pray.
This time was to thank Ganeshji for a wonderful baby and his blessings.

Why do I ( and surely you do too) get a feeling that this trip was more about shopping than work . Did I pack too much in one day…I think so ..totally !
((((Btw, the total WTF about this post and my trip to Mumbai is that I took many photos….of the sea link, at HRC, of the toys at Hamleys and so many other. These were taken on the Nokia E71, and now I find that these are wiped out completely from memory of the phone ( no ones doing, just by themselves ) I have been so pissed, and therefore the delay in writing this post….))))

Came back to a very excited baby and spent the weekend thanking God for his blessings, for a wonderful family that supports and a strong spirit that surges ahead.

0 comments: